From Good To Great Developer – Resources
During the spring of 2009, I have given this presentation at the JFokus 2009 conference in Stockholm, Sweden, Microsoft TechDays 09 conference in Västerås, Sweden and at the Scandinavian Developers Conference 2009 in Göteborg, Sweden. I have also given it at a number of internal events at different companies. Please send me an email if you are interested in inviting me for an event at your company.
Thanks to everyone who attended this presentation at any of the above conferences! Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
- Flyer summarizing the presentation in one page
- Materials from JFokus 2009 (2009-01-28)
- Materials from Microsoft Techdays 09 (2009-03-18)
- Materials from Scandinavian Developer Conference 2009 (2009-03-24)
Audio and video
- Video recording of my JFokus presentation (also available on InfoQ)
- Podcast interview (in Swedish) that Dag König did with me on this subject.
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship, by Robert C. Martin
- Implementation Patterns, by Kent Beck
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen R. Covey
- Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One’s Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessment (PDF)
- A short description of the conscious competence learning model
- A blog post that I wrote some time ago expanding on the motivation for encapsulating one-liners in a method, rather than use a comment to explain.
- Clean Code Project – order a green clean code wrist-band from Robert Martin’s project for getting better code as well as contributing money to Families at the Dump.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.